Saturday, September 25, 2010

The story of Asher.


 Well this is the start of telling our little family story since we added our most recent additions. That is in other words starting with Asher! Noah and I moved to California for Noah's first part of training in the Air Force. We had been trying for awhile with one miscarriage under our belt's we were getting anxious to start a family. Needless to say once we got to California we immediately got pregnant (it must be the water/sun/ocean who knows!) My first pregnancy did not go very well even before the miscarriage so I was nervous about this one also. Apparently my body doesn't handle pregnancy very well so in protest it thinks I can't have anything in my body for the entirety of the pregnancy. Thus the morning sickness started. I must say though that my Dr. was AMAZING! He let me come in on his day off to get a shot of Phenergan, which basically knocked me out for the next 24 hours. But I was more than pleased because if I was asleep than I wasn't visiting the porcelain thrown! 
 Long story short we quickly found out that in order for me to do anything but lose wait I would have to take Zofran religiously. Which I did and I must say to any who are wondering Zofran is God's gift to the nauseous! Anyways, 9 months past and we had our little bundle of joy!
 Now the hospital story was quite the interesting one. I (like most 9 month pregnant women) was up at 3 in the morning to empty my then pea sized bladder when I realized "ugh that was a painful contraction!" And not 10 minutes later I had another, which is when they immediately skipped to 2 minutes apart exactly! So at 3:30 am we got in the car on the way to the hospital. I also must mention this is when I called my sister Celene and being the wonderful sister that she is ran to her computer and bought the soonest ticket to Ca. she could and told me to cross my legs. 
 Well, I did NOT need to cross my legs or any such action because Asher decided he wanted to make an interesting entrance. So hours came and went and I slowly got closer to having him. I must say at this point about 7 cm (mom's and dad's you know what I mean) I was getting nervous. See for those of you who don't know my family has a running tradition of C-Section deliveries. So as I got closer I actually got nervous because I didn't actually have anyone there to tell me what to expect (you know besides all the doctors and nurses)! I must also say Celene at this point was practically jumping with joy because I was going to have a normal delivery! Que the doctor coming in to drop the bomb! Apparently I was not progressing like they would have liked and in fact was swelling on top of it. So even if I finished dialating I most likely wouldn't be able to deliver normal so they decided on an emergency c-section. Well, at this point I just had to laugh because to be honest I was totally expecting it. So about 10 minutes after that I was in the surgery room, ha and I thought I was nervous before! I have never had a broken bone and have never had any type of surgery let alone major surgery. But all went well and we had a new little bundle of joy whom we named Steven Asher Lubben. We actually named him Steven after Noah's brother who passed away the month before (we love you Steve) and we have him go by Asher. He was born at 3:49 pm and was 20 1/2 inches and weighed 7.1 lbs. 
 And this ladies and gentlemen is the story of how Asher came to be and how I got the cool Mommy Scar to match my mom's and sister's!
 

1 comment:

  1. I can't get over how sick you get!
    That's rough!
    And I love that picture of Asher at the top, what a precious newborn shot!

    ReplyDelete